Tuesday 16 October 2007

DAMAGED GOODS - S/T 7"


DAMAGED GOODS - S/T 7" (NJW - 022)
Ouch!!!! Wow, did that hit me. Talk about an impressive 7", consisting of most of the things that make this little platter awesome for me. Just playing this record you can tell that these four Belgian dudes love what they are doing with a passion and do it well to boot. 6 songs, that are fast, upbeat and sound totally brilliant due to the great sound - something that I totally appreciate when bands make an effort to have a good sound. Like for all they know this could be the only time that they will have to make their mark, and they certainly have. Having said that, I hope this will not be the last we hear from them because listening to this excites the hell of me and only makes me want to hear more and more by them - I can only imagine that they totally shred live. Sound wise, they harken back to the bad old days, when hardcore stuck out like a sore thumb and was able to strip off any false pretences. That's what you get with DAMAGED GOODS, hard, fast, pissed off hardcore - just the way I like it. Incorporating the NEGATIVE APPROACH, VERBAL ABUSE vibe, making it their own and letting all hell break loose. Feeling alienated and out of step? They guys certainly are and here it is in black in white - no emo shit here - just in your face anger; not jock shit - good stuff. The artwork reminds me of the days of Excel, old Suicial Tendencies and you could easily imagine it on some punk kids deck. A record definitely worthy of your attention.

NOT JUST WORDS RECORDS, DE KLING 4, 8651 CK IJLST, THE NETHERLANDS.
WWW.NJWRECORDS.COM

No comments: